If you feel like a fish out of water at the thought of cooking for a crowd this summer, don’t panic.
In our latest Friday Food Club Offering, in association with Ludo’s Primal Wellness, we’re serving up a simple yet so-fish-ticated baked salmon recipe.
A light and tasty dish best served with a side of good company and laughs.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
From pantry to plate: 65 minutes
What you’ll need: ingredients
- 1 cup (175g) brown rice rinsed
- 1 3⁄4 cups (438ml) water
- 1⁄3 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 head of broccoli (350g head) cut in small ﬂorets
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 350g salmon fillets
- 4 x 175g fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Step by step guide
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6
- Line a shallow baking dish with baking paper
- Place rice, water and salt in a saucepan and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Toss broccoli with garlic and chillies, if desired, and scatter over the baking dish.
- Add salmon fillets, season with salt and pepper and cover the dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
3 health benefits of this dish
- Salmon is rich in high-quality protein which helps to protect bone health, maintain muscle mass during weight loss and the ageing process.
- Brown rice is an important source of fibre and can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Broccoli is packed with vitamins including A, C, E and K as well as B vitamins like folic acid.