What if we told you there was a way to indulge in a sweet treat but still be healthy?
You might think we’re talking a choc-o-lot of nonsense but it’s true thanks to this hazelnut chocolate truffle recipe.
That’s right the team from Ludo’s Primal Wellness are taking on the Easter Bunny with this mouthwatering dish.
Trust us when we say, this recipe is one for those with a sweet tooth.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
From pantry to plate: 20 minutes
What you’ll need: ingredients
• 1 tin chickpeas
• 100 grams hazelnut butter (you can find this in Holland & Barrett)
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• 3 tbsp cacao powder
• 3 tbsp honey
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 vanilla pod
• 100 grams melted 85% dark chocolate
• 50 grams chopped hazelnuts for coating
Step by step guide
• Begin by draining your chickpeas and rinsing them.
• Add the chickpeas, hazelnut butter, cacao powder, honey, vanilla pod, coconut oil and salt to a food processor and blend for a few minutes until you have a creamy texture.
• Once done, roll the truffle mixture into small balls and lay them on a tray with parchment paper.
• Using a fork, dip each truffle into your melted bowl of dark chocolate and cover them fully with chocolate. Once done, sprinkle a few chopped hazelnuts onto the tray where your truffle will sit back down. Place the chocolate covered truffle back down onto the tray and finish with sprinkling the top with more hazelnuts. Now you should have a full covered truffle with chocolate and hazelnuts. Repeat this process until all truffles are covered.
• Once done, pop the tray into a freezer to allow the chocolate to set for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and dig in!
• These truffles will keep best in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
Three health benefits of cacao powder
1. The fibre in cacao powder can aid healthy digestion and reduce the risk of irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive problems.
2. It’s also packed with flavonoids and these nutrients have shown to help lower blood pressure, improve blood flow to the brain and heart and prevent blood clots.
3. Cacao powder can also help reduce the risk of heart disease by reducing body inflammation and stress on cells.